VO2 Max Fitness® offers residential Senior Fitness classes in a variety of settings, including Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living Communities, and Cooperatives.
The classes can hold up to twenty senior residents, and are held several times weekly. Unlike gatherings led by an Activities Director, our classes are taught by health professionals who know the proper exercise progressions to help seniors regain their balance, mobility, endurance, flexibility and strength.
Our programs are proven to improve wellness through, Physical, Social, Emotional, Spiritual, Environmental, and Intellectual factors.
We offer four level of exercise programs. Safety is always our #1 goal, so each resident’s fitness level indicated through testing conducted by our certified fitness trainers and medical release, determines the exercises appropriate for that resident.
Let’s face it, seniors are living longer, and naturally they want to live better into advanced age. VO2Max Fitness® Senior Fitness seeks to inspire older generations to live longer, healthier lives.
A few of the many benefits of regular physical activity include:
- Live longer
- Improved physical stamina and mobility
- Enhanced flexibility and balance
- Better circulation
- Lower heart disease and blood pressure, resulting in lower stroke risk
- Improved sleep
- Improved cognitive skills
- Reduced medications
- Renewed energy and endurance
- Decreased joint and back pain
- More regular bowel functions
- Declining depression and anxiety, improved day-to-day well-being